Check This Out

Friday, August 06, 2010

Billionaires' Charity Pledge

so here's d scoop, would u give half of whut u have to charity? well apparently a few billionaires will... this Billionaires Charity Pledge is dedicated to wealthy men contributing to society by donating 50% of their funds to charity.. Warren Buffet, a renowned billionaire, said that he'll give away 99% of whut he have, and even with the remaining 1%, he's able to live comfortably.. "More than 99% of my wealth will go to philanthropy during my lifetime or at death. Measured by dollars, this commitment is large. In a comparative sense, though, many individuals give more to others every day." read his full pledge here -->

so whut i admire about this guy (my dad's reading his book i think), is dat even though he's giving away almost everything, he's still such a humble guy n think that whut he does here, ain't that much.. "Moreover, this pledge does not leave me contributing the most precious asset, which is time..Gifts of this kind often prove far more valuable than money."

n how how so true is dat.. i've always imagine myself being filthy rich n all (well who doesn't right), n always think to myself that, with all that money, i can do good.. i can provide my family a better home, give a few to my relatives n whut not.. but truely, whut i should have been doing, is actually giving whut i currently have n not whut i might.. start small aight.. i mean, by right, if u honestly wanna help out, u should be giving whut u cherish most.. and deep down, i'm sure it's not money dat i cherish most.. it should be my time n energy (which i may not realise)...

so that's why we Muslim have Raya Korban =b yes tibe2 je topic sesat hahaha but bottom line, u can make a change with whutever u have, cuz even if u feel like u have nothing, always noe that all human are equal when it comes to time.. we all have only 24 hours a day..

World Peace =b