Check This Out

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

And May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favour

I’m back in the game.. all I need is that little nudge to get my momentum going.. I consider myself a bookworm at most time, but this year I seem to get on a slow start.. I read somewhere that averagely, Malaysian reads only 2 books a year.. and by the rate I was going (up until May), I was easily about to fall into that category, although each year, I refuse to.. Not so sure why, but I think it somewhat offends me (hehh?) so when May was about to end, and I realized I haven’t read a thing, I started to pick up a book.. and as I expected, it took me awhile to be engrossed in it.. it’s not like the story line was boring, cause I knew the story will pick up and have it’s interesting twist as always (I was reading one of my Hercule Poirot series by Agatha Christie, one of my new found favorite authors), it’s just that I didn't get into the mood of reading yet.. but once I was done with that book, I decided to skip the order of books to read in my head, and opt for the Hunger Games trilogy instead.. both my sisters have completed all three books and been raving about how awesome they are.. and they’re not wrong.. cause once I started reading, it was indeed hard to put down (as always).. even though I know what happens in the end of the first book (having already seen the movie).. and unlike the Harry Porter series, I didn't want to wait till the movie comes out to know what the whole book is all about.. and BAM!! Just like that, I finished 3 books within 5 days hahahah I don’t know why that makes me happy, but hey, at least I’m no longer in the statistics above =b

Story wise, it’s an awesome book.. gory, but was not depicted as so in the movie.. of course they usually change bits here and there between book and movie, but I think there are some parts in the movie that changes some of the story a bit.. and by the look of the trailer for the 2nd movie, I could see some of the changes that the movie might have (like the dress Katnis wore to her interview which was a statement from her stylist).. out of the 3 books, I like the second one best, so let’s just hope the movie won’t be a total let down hehehehe the ending was a bit of a bummer though.. she didn't end up with the guy I want boohoo team Gale ftw!! Other than that, two thumbs up.. I laughed, I cried, I fell in love with characters, despised some even.. Everything there is in a book that makes it a good read =b


I’m trying to finish up all the books I've yet to read, or at least the main one, like my Hercule Poirot collection, Sherlock Holmes volume 1 & 2, one book I bought recently.. and when that’s done, I just might (only might) finally get my hands on the Game of Thrones series.. the tv series are awesome and although series are longer than movies, I bet there are still some parts in the book that are omitted.. so I’m very looking forward to that.. definitely on top of my list of books to read =D ok sleepy, till next time..

0 comments: